Please read in here first. These are the Rules and Guides for being "part" of the clan. You can also apply to the various Guilds here.

Moderators: Clan Council, Moderators, Guild Councilors

OfficerLuke
Pronouns: he/him
RS3 Name: LukeTotodile
Quest Points: 448

Re: The Old School RuneScape Guild!

Postby OfficerLuke » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:04 pm

Right, so if I got this right, just gotta post another guild I'm in, my in-game name and my Quest Points in presumably OSRS here. So...

Guild I'm in: RS3 Guild.

In-game name: LukeTotodile

Quest Points: None yet. Excluding my currently 26 Leagues QP.
stick man h
RS3 Name: stick man h
Quest Points: 351

Postby stick man h » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:27 pm

OfficerLuke wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:04 pm
Right, so if I got this right, just gotta post another guild I'm in, my in-game name and my Quest Points in presumably OSRS here. So...

Guild I'm in: RS3 Guild.

In-game name: LukeTotodile

Quest Points: None yet. Excluding my currently 26 Leagues QP.
welcome to the oldschool clan :)
Moesen Natha
RS3 Name: Moesen Natha
Quest Points: 389

Postby Moesen Natha » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:09 pm

Moesen Natha
RS3 Guild
47 Quest Points
stick man h

Postby stick man h » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:40 am

Moesen Natha wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:09 pm
Moesen Natha
RS3 Guild
47 Quest Points
welcome to the OSRS side of the clan :) feel free to drop a message in the CC when you're next on and one of the admins or grim verac can recruit you in game :D
Ehmalwen
Quest Points: 99

Postby Ehmalwen » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:52 pm

OSRS name & previous name(s): Ehmalwen - only account I've had (so far!)

Have you read our rules? Do you agree with them?: yes & yes

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?: yes

Total Quest Points?: 99

Favorite Quest? Why?: All quests related to the Varrock Museum/Fossil Island. My degree and past research has involved field work (e.g. Kenya) and I hope to do future research in paleo here in the US in places like Montana and Utah. When my bf (who showed me and got me to play osrs) told me there was an entire quest line involving archaeological/paleontological fossil prep and excavation I nearly fainted. Anything involving Arceuus is a close second though. Shout out to daddy's home for being so subtly heartwarming.

Least Favorite Quest? Why?: Romeo and Juliet. I appreciated the twist on the classic but too much running for too little pay off. As my girl Hermione once said: "I'm not an owl."

Total Level?: 1251 on main; 1327 on leagues IV

What's your preferred gamestyle (i.e quester, skiller, pvmer, etc)?:

How did you learn about our clan?: I posted a call on the OSRS leagues discord clan-request channel and received a response from santaends.

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?: Walk in his shoes and then go for another walk beside him.

If you close both eyes, can you still see?: my mind is always seeing, whether I like it or not

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?: to know what you do not know is not knowledge, it's wisdom.

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar): Sept. 28th

Do you have any questions about this clan, e.g. its threads, the application, etc.? nope
stick man h

Postby stick man h » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:58 pm

Ehmalwen wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:52 pm
OSRS name & previous name(s): Ehmalwen - only account I've had (so far!)

Have you read our rules? Do you agree with them?: yes & yes

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?: yes

Total Quest Points?: 99

Favorite Quest? Why?: All quests related to the Varrock Museum/Fossil Island. My degree and past research has involved field work (e.g. Kenya) and I hope to do future research in paleo here in the US in places like Montana and Utah. When my bf (who showed me and got me to play osrs) told me there was an entire quest line involving archaeological/paleontological fossil prep and excavation I nearly fainted. Anything involving Arceuus is a close second though. Shout out to daddy's home for being so subtly heartwarming.

Least Favorite Quest? Why?: Romeo and Juliet. I appreciated the twist on the classic but too much running for too little pay off. As my girl Hermione once said: "I'm not an owl."

Total Level?: 1251 on main; 1327 on leagues IV

How did you learn about our clan?: I posted a call on the OSRS leagues discord clan-request channel and received a response from santaends.

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?: Walk in his shoes and then go for another walk beside him.

If you close both eyes, can you still see?: my mind is always seeing, whether I like it or not

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?: to know what you do not know is not knowledge, it's wisdom.

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar): Sept. 28th

Do you have any questions about this clan, e.g. its threads, the application, etc.? nope
hi Ehmalwen, welcome to clan quest! :D
love the fossils and archeology in rs too haha, next time you're in game hop in the clan chat and one of our guys can meet you at the ge in game to invite you :)

hows the leagues grind going?

im grim verac by the way :D
choba
RS3 Name: chobao
Quest Points: 64

Postby choba » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:53 pm

OSRS name & previous name(s): chobao

Have you read our rules? Do you agree with them?: Yes

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?: Of course, that just makes it more interesting, having people with different opinions I mean

Total Quest Points?: 64

Favorite Quest? Why?: I'm new to the game so I dont have one yet, but I really enjoyed biohazard and learning the plague doesnt exist and all, i'm curious to know the rest of this story

Least Favorite Quest? Why?: Rag and bone man, pretty forgetable

Total Level?: 513

What's your preferred gamestyle (i.e quester, skiller, pvmer, etc)?: i still dont know but probably pvmer, but i'm basically just doing quests so i might be a quester :D

How did you learn about our clan?: A member contacted me when I asked on the osrs leagues discord for a clan

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?: walk a mile in another mans shoes

If you close both eyes, can you still see?: yes

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?: if you know everything you both know and dont know then you know everything there is to know

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar): april 22nd

Do you have any questions about this clan, e.g. its threads, the application, etc.?
sk8r_dan_man
RS3 Name: Sk8r Dan Man
Quest Points: 476

Postby sk8r_dan_man » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:12 pm

choba wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:53 pm
OSRS name & previous name(s): chobao

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?: Of course, that just makes it more interesting, having people with different opinions I mean

Total Quest Points?: 64

Favorite Quest? Why?: I'm new to the game so I dont have one yet, but I really enjoyed biohazard and learning the plague doesnt exist and all, i'm curious to know the rest of this story

Least Favorite Quest? Why?: Rag and bone man, pretty forgetable

Total Level?: 513

What's your preferred gamestyle (i.e quester, skiller, pvmer, etc)?: i still dont know but probably pvmer, but i'm basically just doing quests so i might be a quester :D

How did you learn about our clan?: A member contacted me when I asked on the osrs leagues discord for a clan

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?: walk a mile in another mans shoes

If you close both eyes, can you still see?: yes

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?: if you know everything you both know and dont know then you know everything there is to know

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar): april 22nd

Do you have any questions about this clan, e.g. its threads, the application, etc.?
Welcome aboard, Chobao!
It's always cool to see new players discovering this game. I recommend the wiki as a resource for anything you could want to know, but avoid it for quests as much as you can. They are much more rewarding when you just immerse yourself in them and figure it out on your own.
I agree that the Biohazard story is an interesting one.
Rag and Bone Man is forgettable, but there's also a Forgettable Tale about a dwarf that you might encounter eventually.
Feel free to join our in-game clan chat as a guest, and whenever we get the chance one of us will meet up with you at the GE to invite you properly.
Shane
Site Admin
RS3 Name: shane12088
Quest Points: 401

Postby Shane » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:21 am

OSRS name & previous name(s): Shane12088

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?: Yes

Total Quest Points?: 168

Favorite Quest? Why?: The Garden of Death. Farming. No dialog. Tied for first or second best quest across all RuneScape games.

Least Favorite Quest? Why?: My Arm's Big Adventure presently. Too fetchy for 2024.

Total Level?: 1037

What's your preferred gamestyle (i.e quester, skiller, pvmer, etc)?: Quester/Skiller

How did you learn about our clan?: Hmm...

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?: Walk a mile in another man's shoes.

If you close both eyes, can you still see?: Yes

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?: No

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar): Feb 27

Do you have any questions about this clan, e.g. its threads, the application, etc.? No
sk8r_dan_man

Postby sk8r_dan_man » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:08 am

Shane wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:21 am
OSRS name & previous name(s): Shane12088

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?: Yes

Total Quest Points?: 168

Favorite Quest? Why?: The Garden of Death. Farming. No dialog. Tied for first or second best quest across all RuneScape games.

Least Favorite Quest? Why?: My Arm's Big Adventure presently. Too fetchy for 2024.

Total Level?: 1037

What's your preferred gamestyle (i.e quester, skiller, pvmer, etc)?: Quester/Skiller

How did you learn about our clan?: Hmm...

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?: Walk a mile in another man's shoes.

If you close both eyes, can you still see?: Yes

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?: No

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar): Feb 27

Do you have any questions about this clan, e.g. its threads, the application, etc.? No
Fine. I guess you can join. :P
Whenever you're available in-game myself or another clan counselor can invite you and assign your rank.
Welcome to the OSRS clan!
Alex 43
RS3 Name: Alex 43
Quest Points: 371

Postby Alex 43 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:21 am

OSRS name & previous name(s):
Alex 43

Have you read our rules? Do you agree with them?:
I agree with the concept of rules being used to bring order to a society that would otherwise succumb to chaos where the only collaboration occurs in spur-of-the-moment goals like scavenging for food and entertainment. I also agree with the rules here, though not quite as much.

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?:
Respect is a two-way street; I will respect others by default unless they do not respect me. And if they don't respect me, then I will leave them be and internally hope that they die to TzTok Jad's healers.

Total Quest Points?:
286 (at the time of writing, subject to change repeatedly)

Favorite Quest? Why?:
One Small Favour. Did it three times. Wish it was repeatable without all the requirements training.

Least Favorite Quest? Why?:
Gertrude's Cat. There needs to be a puppy version of that quest you can toggle.

Total Level?:
1755. Yeah, I've been busy.

Casual. I quest, I skill, I fight monsters, but I only do it if I have fun doing it.

How did you learn about our clan?:
I've been in it for nearly 9 years, branched in during the merger of RSBANDB. So my apologies, but I've completely forgotten.

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?:
Carry. I'm not sure if you intended this question as a joke, but there's a very big metaphor in this one where you're effectively asking if I'm in a state where I need to consider other people's feelings and circumstances on my own journey of self-discovery, or be one who teaches them and influences their path going forward on their journies. I think I'm at about the level where I'm the latter.

If you close both eyes, can you still see?:
Of course! Closing one's eyes doesn't permanently handicap them with blindness. It simply obstructs your line of sight with your eyelids the same way your view of a room would be obstructed by a closed door.

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?:
I believe you meant to ask "if you know 'everything' you don't know". This lack of quantification suggests you intended to ask if I know "one thing" that I don't know, to which I respond that I would not know everything.

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar):
May 23. What year? Every year.

Hundreds.
I do everything for a reason. Half the time I don't know what it is, the other half is because I'm improvising.
Because it was funny to some.
sk8r_dan_man

Postby sk8r_dan_man » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:59 pm

Alex 43 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:21 am
OSRS name & previous name(s):
Alex 43

Have you read our rules? Do you agree with them?:
I agree with the concept of rules being used to bring order to a society that would otherwise succumb to chaos where the only collaboration occurs in spur-of-the-moment goals like scavenging for food and entertainment. I also agree with the rules here, though not quite as much.

Do you accept to becoming part of the Clan Quest family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?:
Respect is a two-way street; I will respect others by default unless they do not respect me. And if they don't respect me, then I will leave them be and internally hope that they die to TzTok Jad's healers.

Total Quest Points?:
286 (at the time of writing, subject to change repeatedly)

Favorite Quest? Why?:
One Small Favour. Did it three times. Wish it was repeatable without all the requirements training.

Least Favorite Quest? Why?:
Gertrude's Cat. There needs to be a puppy version of that quest you can toggle.

Total Level?:
1755. Yeah, I've been busy.

Casual. I quest, I skill, I fight monsters, but I only do it if I have fun doing it.

How did you learn about our clan?:
I've been in it for nearly 9 years, branched in during the merger of RSBANDB. So my apologies, but I've completely forgotten.

Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?:
Carry. I'm not sure if you intended this question as a joke, but there's a very big metaphor in this one where you're effectively asking if I'm in a state where I need to consider other people's feelings and circumstances on my own journey of self-discovery, or be one who teaches them and influences their path going forward on their journies. I think I'm at about the level where I'm the latter.

If you close both eyes, can you still see?:
Of course! Closing one's eyes doesn't permanently handicap them with blindness. It simply obstructs your line of sight with your eyelids the same way your view of a room would be obstructed by a closed door.

If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?:
I believe you meant to ask "if you know 'everything' you don't know". This lack of quantification suggests you intended to ask if I know "one thing" that I don't know, to which I respond that I would not know everything.

[Optional] When is your birthday? (We are making a clan calendar):
May 23. What year? Every year.

Hundreds.
Welcome aboard, Alex.

I think the question about knowing what you do not know is a reference to the story of Socrates and the Oracle at Delphi. She claimed that there was no man wiser than Socrates, a claim which he refuted saying that he knows nothing. This only served to vindicate her claim, because no other man was so willing to acknowledge his own ignorance, or seek out proof of it. His knowledge of what he did not know was what made him the wisest man.
I agree though that the way that question's worded is a bit ambiguous, though I think that may also be by design.

Contact myself or another councilor on discord whenever you're ready for an in-game invite and we can get that taken care of.

Return to “Welcome to Clan Quest”