~~~~About The Questing Clan of RuneScape~~~~
Our clan channel in the Runescape game is: Clan Quest
The Questing Clan of Runescape, known also as Clan Quest, was created in the Runescape game on November of 2009 by a bunch of questers. After inviting all the “Quest Noobs” they knew, they requested recognition from Jagex and were formally recognized in the Clan Database on December 8th, 2009. Hereafter, all new recruits are called noobs to this day.
Clan Quest was featured in the Clan Blog (By Mod Timbo) August 4th, 2010, and featured again during the “Clan Celebration Month” of March, 2011. With the creation of our own website, continued recognition from Jagex and the game community, Clan Quest has steadily increased in popularity. We are the official hosts for the annual Quest Fest event, and try to maintain an active presence in the Global Questing and Clan communities.
As it stands now, Clan Quest has absorbed multiple questing and event clans, has over 400 members, and is the largest Questing Community in Runescape! Clan Quest is also listed on the Runescape Clan Wiki, Runehead, Official Runescape Wiki, and has its own RuneScape Fansite.
There has been much discussion about the value of questing compared to other game content. In our minds there is no contest. The fundamental gameplay in Runescape is adventuring, exploring the lore, and fighting for good (or evil). This - the main idea and objective of the game - finds its primary outlet in quests. Everything else - all the skilling and training - is there only for the adventurer to train to the level of being able to successfully live through the adventures. Skilling is practice - the quests are the real RuneScape tests.
A quester must have ingenuity, determination and imagination in order to complete a quest. Quests open up entire areas, new armour and abilities that expand the depth and breadth of the game. Questers can ride eagles, use fairy rings, and even manage their own kingdoms.
With new quests being added and the minimum skill levels required to complete them constantly rising, Clan Quest is here to help you get that cape. The Quest Point Cape will never go out of fashion!
~~~~Importance of Noobness~~~~
Ever been called a noob? Fear not, for this is no bad thing! In our clan, it’s considered a term of endearment, with many of our members incorporating the word ‘noob’ into their nicknames. Everybody starts out inexperienced, and we encourage our members to learn and grow together. Noobs need XP too! If you’re not an expert, you’re a noob. But you’re OUR noob! Since nobody is an expert in everything... we are all noobs!
Rest assured, if you are called a noob you are considered a part of our clan family. We take this very seriously! Feel free to call any of us noobs (as long as you remain polite) and please mind our intentions if you are addressed as a noob.
To ensure that everyone in the channel has the most fun, certain rules are in place to protect members and visitors to our clan. All participants are expected to follow our clan's rules. All members of the clan are assumed to have read and agreed with the rules. Failure to adhere to these rules can result in consequences varying in severity.
(1) All Jagex rules apply
(2) No insulting/offensive behavior (including spamming and excessive profanity)
(3) Conflict? Deal with it out of the chat!
(4) Avoid sensitive topics as they can cause conflict, and be respectful of divergent behavior/viewpoints.
(5) All clan members must abide to our Code of Ethics.
~~~~How to Join~~~~
Requirements to Join
- Must be a Runescape member.
- Must have completed at least 20% of all quests (per individual’s Adventurer’s Log).
- Must have read and acknowledged clan rules.
Requirements to become full member
- Must have been a Clan / Guild member for more than one week.
- Must have shown that they are a fitting and contributing Guild member.
Steps to Join
- Join clan chat “Clan Quest” as a guest. Talk to our members and see if you like our community. Make sure people get to know you.
- Find an eligible clan member to be your sponsor. Eligible clan members are full clan members who do not currently have a sponsored probationary recruit.
- Post an application letter based on the template at the bottom. Make sure to fill in your sponsor's name, or your application will be rejected. Notify your sponsor to post a sponsor letter to confirm the sponsorship.
- After your application is accepted by a recruiter or councilor, get in contact with a recruiter or councilor in-game to receive your probationary rank.
- Once you have met all membership requirements (see above) and you have been an active member of the clan for at least one whole week, you may be afforded full membership to the clan. This can take anywhere up to two months depending on when promotion rounds take place.
Please copy and paste the below form in a reply, and complete all sections with your best answers.
Runescape name & previous name(s):
Have you read our rules? Do you agree with them?:
Do you accept to becoming part of our family, and will you respect other members, even if your opinions differ?:
Number of quests completed (not quest points)?:
Favorite Quest? Why?:
Least Favorite Quest? Why?:
How did you learn about our clan?:
Would you rather walk a mile in another man's shoes, or carry the man the mile?:
If you close both eyes, can you still see?:
If you know what you do not know, do you know everything?:
Are you interested in being invited in-game to Clan Quest?:
Do you have any questions about this clan, e.g. its threads, the application, etc.?